September 01, 2015
Workshop: Custom Families and Parameters with Revit 2016
Brian DeYoung from SOM will teach you how to work with families and parameters in Revit so you can develop more detailed models and drawings of your design.
In this Level 2 course, you will work from pre-built models of Renzo Piano’s Modern Wing at the Art Institute to explore the power of Families & Parameters in Revit.
You’ll develop custom curtain panels & custom door families that leverage custom parameters in your model. With these families you’ll learn how to rapidly populate your model with different instances of the same family type.
And you’ll see the power of these techniques when you develop drawings that have custom tags, and which populate schedules with real-time data.
Who: Our workshops are taught by practicing architects (not trainers) who are working at some of the world’s most highly respected firms like SOM & Gensler. You’ll learn from folks who use these tools on a daily basis, so you can learn the shortcuts to make beautiful work, faster.
When: Saturday, September 26th, 2014 -8-5pm
Where: The workshop can be attended In-Person in Downtown Chicago or online via GoToMeeting. Registrants for the online session will receive login details by 9/20/14.
In-Person Attendees: Holiday Inn Mart Plaza (adjacent to the Merchandise Mart) 350 W Mart Center Dr, Chicago, IL 60654 (312) 836-5000
Each workshop is worth 6 learning units.
You’ll need to bring your own laptop with the relevant software installed.
Lunch will be provided for in-person attendees.
You can download trial versions of software here:
- AutoCAD 2016: http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad/free-trial
- Revit 2016: http://www.autodesk.com/products/revit-family/free-trial
- 3ds Max Design 2016: http://www.autodesk.com/products/3ds-max/free-trial
- SketchUp Pro 2015: http://www.sketchup.com/download
- Rhino 5: http://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5/latest
- Grasshopper: http://www.rhino3d.com/download/grasshopper/1.0/wip?PageSpeed=noscript
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign): http://www.adobe.com/downloads.html
- Vray for Rhino: http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/vrayforrhino.html
- Vray for Sketchup: http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/downloads.html?s=v-ray-sketchup
- Vray for 3ds Max Design: http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/downloads.html?s=v-ray