September 01, 2015
Workshop: Conceptual Design with Grasshopper
Don Semple from Krueck & Sexton will teach you how to utilize Grasshopper in the early stages of your design process.
In this Level 1 course, you will learn how to use Grasshopper to build & develop iterations of the site and a 3d model of the Eames House (Case Study #8), as well as how to generate plans, sections and perspectives from that model in Rhino.
Finally, we’ll walk through the workflow between Grasshopper/Rhino & Revit so you know how to get your Grasshopper geometry into and out of Revit.
Who: Our workshops are taught by practicing architects (not trainers) who are working at some of the world’s most highly respected firms like SOM & Gensler. You’ll learn from folks who use these tools on a daily basis, so you can learn the shortcuts to make beautiful work, faster.
When: Saturday, September 26th, 2015 -9-5pm
Where: The workshop can be attended In-Person in Downtown Chicago or online via GoToMeeting. Registrants for the online session will receive login details by 9/20/15.
In-Person Attendees: Holiday Inn Mart Plaza (adjacent to the Merchandise Mart) 350 W Mart Center Dr, Chicago, IL 60654 (312) 836-5000
Each workshop is worth 6 learning units.
You’ll need to bring your own laptop with the relevant software installed.
Lunch will be provided for in-person attendees.
You can download trial versions of software here:
- AutoCAD 2016: http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad/free-trial
- Revit 2016: http://www.autodesk.com/products/revit-family/free-trial
- 3ds Max Design 2016: http://www.autodesk.com/products/3ds-max/free-trial
- SketchUp Pro 2015: http://www.sketchup.com/download
- Rhino 5: http://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5/latest
- Grasshopper: http://www.rhino3d.com/download/grasshopper/1.0/wip?PageSpeed=noscript
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign): http://www.adobe.com/downloads.html
- Vray for Rhino: http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/vrayforrhino.html
- Vray for Sketchup: http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/downloads.html?s=v-ray-sketchup
- Vray for 3ds Max Design: http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/downloads.html?s=v-ray