July 21, 2012
Digital Design Crash Course
Strategies & skills for working rapidly & creating beautiful work.
This 12 hour, pre-recorded webinar shows students and professionals how to utilize a variety of design software including AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, Rhino, Grasshopper, & 3ds Max. You will develop an understanding of the geometric limitations of each software, so you know what tools to work with based on your design interests.
We’ll also develop a workflow that will utilize Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign to help you create beautiful work, while saving you days worth of work, and we’ll share tips & strategies for developing material, entourage & beautiful drawing libraries.
At the end of this seminar you will know how to:
- Work faster in design software & manage your time in studio.
- Select the best design tool based on the geometry you want to make: simple or complex.
- Never pull an all-nighter again.
- Make 2d drawings in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, Illustrator, Rhino, Grasshopper & 3ds Max.
- Model & make renderings in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, Rhino, Grasshopper & 3ds Max.
- Develop material, entourage & beautiful drawing libraries.
- Make brilliant presentations.
- Use Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign to save you days of work- & create beautiful drawings.
This 12 hour, 3 day webinar was recorded and you can purchase access to all of the videos for 2 weeks. Once you have purchased access, you will receive links & passwords to the video recordings.
Choose your access: (40% off- was $199)
2 week access (Current Black Spectacles Members) $119.00 USD2 Week Access (General Public) $149.00 USD
*If you need to be invoiced to purchase your space for the Crash Course, please send an email to [email protected] with your contact information & we will send you an invoice for payment.
Taught by Marc Teer, AIA- Architect, Educator, & Founder of Black Spectacles.
Day 1- 4 hours
- Which computers & software for digital design
- Starting with the end in mind to save time
- Workflows in Illustrator & InDesign
- Time management & working rapidly
- Software & geometry: what’s the best tool
- Modeling, drawings in AutoCAD
- Coloring plans in Illustrator
Day 2 - 4 hours
- Modeling, drawings, renderings in Sketchup
- Material libraries
- Entourage libraries
- Layering renderings & entourage in Photoshop
- Modeling, drawings, renderings in Revit
Day 3 - 4 hours
- Modeling, drawings, renderings in Rhino
- Modeling in Grasshopper
- Using Grasshopper as a utility
- Modeling, drawings, renderings in 3ds Max
- Post-production in Photoshop
- Real-time rendering tools
Email: [email protected] or call 312-884-9091