August 01, 2018
Black Spectacles Coaching Program FAQ | Coaching
- Pricing: $329 per month for 6 months, first payment will be deducted from the card on file the date of your Introduction Meeting
- When: Our November cohort will begin the weekend of November 9, you'll receive your syllabus an meeting dates & times a few days prior.
- Groups: Each group is 8-10 individuals led by a Black Spectacles Coach.
- Coaches: All of our coaches are recently licensed architects.
- Exam Order: Most groups will take the exams in order that they are listed in the NCARB Handbook, but some coaches opt to change the order
- Meetings Length: There are 2 meetings per month, each lasting about 2-3 hours.
- Program Length: 24 weeks, taking one exam every 4 weeks.
- Attendance: Candidates cannot miss more than 1 meeting without risk of dismissal with no refund.
- Syllabus: Day-by-day calendar of what to study, totalling 10-20 hours of studying a week.
- Virtual meetings: Hosted via Google Hangouts for convenience & recordings after each meeting.
- Slack: Messenger system used to connect candidates for additional support.
- Already a subscriber: We'll transfer your current subscription to our ARE 5.0 Pro and you'll receive a credit for any unused days.
- Additional Material: We don’t require you to have any other materials. Since all of our tools were created using the NCARB objectives and resources listed in the Handbook they should be all you need.
Have additional questions? Join on of our webinars to learn more.
- Wednesday, October 24 at 1:00pm CDT
- Thursday, October 25 at 12:00pm CDT
- Monday, October 29 at 2:00pm CDT
- Wednesday, October 31 at 1:00pm CDT
Additional information on our PPD & PDD Specific groups:
- Exam Order: Since exams are so closely related you'll study for both exams simultaneously then take them back to back.
- Length of time: This program is 12 weeks long.
- Price: $329 a month for 3 months. Paying in full still qualifies for a 15% discount.
What's the same?
- Group size & coach: You will still be in a group of 8-10 other individuals and we will still assign you to a dedicated coach
- Syllabus: You'll still have one with a day-by-day structure of what to study - it's just tailored a bit differently.
- Access to slack: You still have your own private slack channel
- Virtual Meetings: You will still have virtual meetings throughout the process. You'll have one introduction meeting, 3 in-depth review sessions, one game day session, and a wrap up meeting.