We are excited to announce the members of our jury for the Un-Competition Project!
Co-Sponsored by the Chicago Architectural Club and hosted by the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, The Un-Competition Project is a Black Spectacles design competition aimed at promoting design entrepreneurship. Due on January 9, it asks designers to go out into their communities, "invent" design projects, design them and figure out how to get them built. Design submissions will take the form of short documentaries that will be posted on Black Spectacles' Facebook page for consideration by the following, distinguished jury:
- Lawrence Abrahamson, Senior Designer- IDEO
- Cristiano Ceccato, Zaha Hadid Architects
- Matias Corea, Co-Founder & Chief Designer- Behance
- Julie Hacker, FAIA, Stuart Cohen & Julie Hacker Architects
- Gregg Pasquarelli, AIA, Founding Principal- Shop Architects
- Mark Schendel, AIA, Managing Principal- Studio Gang
- Mark Sexton, FAIA, Founding Partner- Krueck & Sexton
- Karla Sierralta, Co-Founder- Strawn.Sierralta
- Brian Strawn, Co-Founder- Strawn.Sierralta
See all of the submission details here to submit your project.
Image Credits: Margaret Andrews via Flickr
Marc is an architect, educator & the founder of Black Spectacles.
How Black Spectacles’ Online Courses Help You Make World-Class Design
If you fell in love with architecture & design because you want to make world-class work, then you're in luck.
We all know that to create work at a high level, you have to master the design tools. Now, we've revolutionlized the way that we learn these tools.
As you'll see in a moment, Black Spectacles' Online Course Library is much more than software training. It's a community of architects and designers that's come together to achieve three important objectives.
Select one of the categories below so we can take a look at these objectives, and why they matter to your work...